" College education equips one to entertain three things: a friend, an idea and oneself."



Saturday, August 21, 2010

Its raining...

Last night I was reading random articles when I came across a poem by Lisa G that evoked pleasant memories. I am sure you will enjoy reading it:


A cozy Rainy day -A rainy day memory from my childhood days
I love the cozy feeling I get on a rainy day
It's nice to come in from the rain, and set inside and play
My Daddy has a deck of cards reserved for that special day

When life slows down and everyone's inside and doing okay
We set for hours playing in total contentment on this noon day
The lightening, a bit frightening
My mom's, cozy on the couch
Our kitten, gives my brother a loving touch
We're all cozy and warm inside
when the pitter patters approach
Rain Rain, please don't go away
Stay with us just for one more day


What is your idea of a perfect rainy day ? What is it that you love about the rain ? Share WITH US. You can even post your rainy day pics by just copying and pasting the link in the comment box.

4 comments:

  1. Nice post...It reminds me of my childhood days. Having garam garam pakoras is something I still enjoy on a rainy day ...yummy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rain...brings out the wild n sweet side in everyone....
    everybody has a childhood memory...but rather than discussing what u love about rain....u should be discussing the harm...!!
    the current problems our Country is facing.....

    but on a happy thought....we all love rain...the earthy fragrance...beautiful sky...just lovely.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice article ! I m happy you had a good time. Well, discussing the harm...have u heard of the expression -Is the glass half empty (pessimism) or half full (optimism)?

    It depends on one's perception and that there may be opportunity in the situation as well as trouble. We go on moaning and groaning when things dont go well, its nice to read abt positive things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked the post...it seems so straight from the heart. True, looking at the bright side of things always helps in life. < Source: Experience;) ... >

    ReplyDelete